Just like we expel out wastes from our bodies everyday by answering to nature’s call, similarly we need to expel out wastes from our extended selves too – ie. from our astral/ subtle / spiritual selves.
We are made of the 5 basic elements – Earth, Water, Fire, Air, Ether. During Foot Soak Meditation Technique, we are able to cleanse ourselves at all levels.
Footsoak – Things required:
- A Plastic tub (kept aside only for Foot soak)
- Salt – Represents the Earth Element
- Water – Represents the Water Element
- Candle – When lit, represents the Fire and Light Element
- Mug for fresh water
- Towel for wiping feet after the procedure.
Footsoak – Procedure:
- Sit comfortably on a chair, with your hands upwards on your lap, facing a photograph of Shri Mataji.
- Raise Kundalini and give bhandhan.
- Place your feet in a plastic tub or bucket of warm water*, containing a handful of salt which has been dissolved.
- The photograph emits positive vibrations and these will act as a catalyst, helping the chakras to be cleansed.
- Negative energy from the body is sucked into the salt water. Footsoaking is particularly beneficial for the lower three chakras.
- Meditate for 10 to 15 minutes. Remember to tie up your kundalini and put seven bandhans after the meditation also.
- Rinse and dry your feet. Flush the water from the bowl down the toilet. Rinse the bowl and only use it for footsoaking. To dry your feet it is convenient to use a towel and you should also keep that for use only when you footsoak.
*water can be normal, lukewarm or cold – depending upon your status. If you are left sided, use warm water, if right sided, use cold water.
- The Salt in the water represents the Earth element – cleanses the Mooladhara (Root) chakra.
- The Fire from candle – cleanses Swadhisthana (Sacral) chakra.
- The Water cleanses the Nabhi (Solar) chakra plus the void (Bhavsagar area).
- The Air and Space (ether) around us cleanses the Heart and Vishuddhi (Throat) chakra respectively.
- The Light from candle cleanses the Agnya (Third Eye) chakra.
- The Vibrations from Shree Mataji’s picture purifies our Sahasrara.